From 5th January 2015, we are now free to register any new patients who live outside our practice boundary area.
This means that you are able to join our practice if it is more convienient, such as nearer to your workplace, closer to your child’s school or even stay registered if you are moving home.
There are some important things you need to know before choosing to register with us if your home address is out of our practice boundary. Things such as:
- These new arrangements are voluntary for us. If we have no capacity at the time or if it is not clinically appropriate or practical for you to be registered so far from your home then we may still refuse registration. We will always explain this decision with you.
- Because of the greater distance to your home, we may register you without the ability to provide you with a home visit when you are not well enough to get to the practice yourself.
- When you register with us, without home visits, you will be given information about what you should do in those circumstances where you need to access care whilst at home.
- You may, if your circumstances change and it is no longer clinically appropriate or practical for you to remain registered away from your home, be asked to consider registering with a practice closer to home where your care my be better provided at that time.
- Should you become too ill to attend the practice in person or we are unable to assist you over the phone, then always contact NHS 111 who will direct you to the right service for your needs.
You can also take a look at the links below which will give you some more information about the subject: