NHS COVID Pass Letter /Recovery/ Medical Exemption Certificate – This document is issued by the government and is accessible by calling NHS 119 and selecting OPTION 3 or you can do this online at NHS COVID Pass. More information can be found at About the NHS COVID Pass Service and Government NHS COVID Pass or Medical Exemptions
If you develop symptoms of COVID-19, stay at home and self-isolate immediately. If you have a positive test result but do not have symptoms, stay at home and self-isolate as soon as you receive the results. Your household needs to isolate too. Click HERE for more information.
Order Coronavirus Rapid Lateral Flow Tests
Use this service to order free packs of rapid lateral flow tests to be sent to your home. COVID19 Rapid Lateral Flow Tests.
Visit NHS Every Mind Matters for advice, practice advice and support groups.
If you cannot wait to see a doctor and feel unable to cope or keep yourself safe, it’s important to get support.
Get urgent support now from Every Mind Matters
To stay fit and healthy whilst at home, try the NHS Home workout videos.
Support for the bereaved
Scams advice during coronavirus outbreak
Advice for Parents
Actor Hugh Bonneville voices audio for Nosy Crow’s coronavirus book for children
Coronavirus (COVID-19): getting tested – GOV.UK
For guidance on coronavirus testing, including who is eligible for a test, how to get tested and the different types of test available. COVID-19 – Getting tested
Advice for patients with pre-existing conditions
- Macmillan – Cancer and coronavirus
- Asthma UK – What to do if you have asthma
- Blood Cancer UK – Information for people affected by blood cancer
- Diabetes UK – Coronavirus and diabetes
- Kidney Care UK – Guidance for patients with kidney disease
Guidance on shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19
Advice for Vulnerable Patients
- Guidance on shielding and protecting extremely vulnerable people
- How to get support for extremely critical vulnerable person
- Advice for people at higher risk – those who are 70 or older, are pregnant or have a condition that increases the risks from coronavirus.
- Pregnancy advice
- Free Vitamin D
Stockport Council Coronavirus helpline
Call 0161 217 6046 Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm, Sat and Bank Holidays 10am to 4pm.
For links to information on a range of issues, visit: Help for vulnerable people
- National Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 2000 247
- Rape Crisis England & Wales 0808 802 9999
- NSPCC Helpline 0808 800 5000 – If you’re worried about a child, even if you’re unsure, contact NSPCC professional counsellors for help, advice and support
- YoungMinds: Supporting children and young people and their parents/carers with their mental health and wellbeing. Specific advice on managing self-isolation and naxiety about Coronavirus
- ICON: Babies cry: You can cope
Recovering from COVID-19
Watch the video below to see how you can ease your recovery from a COVID-19 infection.