Children at serious risk from the complications of COVID-19 infection include those with:
- severe neurodisabilities
- immunosuppression – those whose immune systems don’t work as well and those who live with someone who is immunosuppressed
- profound and multiple or severe learning disabilities
- being on the learning disability register
- those with Down’s syndrome
- those with long term serious conditions affecting their body. Your GP will know if they need to have the vaccine
The vaccine is also recommended for those children living with people who have a weakened immune system (who are immunosuppressed). This is to reduce the risk of them passing on the infection to their family members.
All these children and young people who are aged 5 to 11 years of age should have the COVID-19 vaccinations.
We have invited all children who are included in the criteria above, vaccines are being delivered from:
Brinnington Health Centre, Brinnington Road, Stockport, SK5 8BS (car park off Hereford Road, SK5 8EY)